In case you missed my last blog post, this past month I moved to New York City. I love interior design and I have spent more money than I would like to admit on home decor. I always dreamed of having my own place. For years I would watch videos and read about must-have living room decor and interior design how-tos. Now that I finally do, I am super excited to share with you all how I decorated my apartment in a way that is both aesthetically pleasing and functional. In this post, I will be talking about my living room decor for one section of my apartment.
How I Decorated
Shop My Pic
Tips to apply to your own living room
Since I took this photo, I have added a gold tray and some white bubble candles. Obviously, there is no rule book when decorating your home. If you need some guidance or ideas though, I am going to list some of my favorite decor essentials that will elevate any living space.
1. Use gold accents to make any room more luxurious
2. Coffee Table Books are pleasing to the eye and fun to look at if you are bored
3. Add a plant or a couple to add life and freshness to the living space
4. Display functional everyday items as decor
5. A mirror opens up the space making the room appear bigger
6. Decorative bowls, vases, or trays are easy to incorporate and look super cute!
I hope you were able to pull some ideas and inspiration from this post. Decorating your home can be super fun but also daunting. If you need some more ideas definitely check out my Pinterest! I will be posting more photos and posts on here about my apartment so definitely stay tuned for those. My liketoknow.it has photos with even more links for items in my apartment as well.
Comment down below your favorite tip or home decor item, I would love to hear from you all!